Saturday, September 3, 2011

Claire de Lune - Christine Johnson

Torn between two destinies…
Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and her crush keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she’s the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: She’s a werewolf.
As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she finds her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart. Burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, she will be forced to make a choice that will change her life forever. . . .

I borrowed Claire de Lune from one of my friends, because I was hearing mixed reviews of the novel. He said that he loved and I needed to read it, so I did. He has the paperback copy that matches the hardcover copy of the sequel to Claire de Lune, which will be posted at the bottom of this review.

Going into the novel, I didn't know what to expect. All I knew is that it was werewolf novel. The first fifty pages didn't captivate me like I expected it to. When I reached 100 pages, I was drawn into the story. All the action, drama, and suspense that Christine Johnson expressed through words was amazing and breathtaking. 

Beautifully written. Christine Johnson knows how to weave together a story like it's nothing! Incredible! 

Claire was a wonderful character. Her not knowing she is werewolf (*not a spoiler, it was said in the synopsis*) and then finding out on probably the most magical day of her life was thrilling and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Claire's mom disgusted me though. She was trying to force things into Claire's mind that I didn't enjoy reading. 

Claire's mom was the only problem I had with Claire de Lune. But I'm very excited to continue the series with Claire.

Claire de Lune:
Published: April 19, 2011 (Hardcover was published on May 18, 2010)
Format: US Paperback
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Average Rating: 3.54 stars
Page Count: 272 pages
What number copy this is: 711 

Sequel: Nocturne 


Rating: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad