Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: Never Have I Ever - Sara Shepard

NEVER HAVE I EVER:
Published: August 2, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 309 pages
Source: Amazon.com

Sara Shepard, the author of Pretty Little Liars novels, has followed up those top-selling fictions with an even more artfully knotted series. As its center is a murdered narrator whose long-lost identical twin sister Emma is serving as a stand-in detective to find the killer. In the second episode of their hunt, the pair discovers new clues, but they know as they search for the killer, he or she is watching their every move, waiting for the right moment to end it all.
Never say never.


"Even better than the first book. I devoured it and I enjoyed every second of it."

Never Have I Ever was such a great sequel. Sara Shepard is known for her murder mystery novels, and every book of hers is amazing in some shape or way.

We're back with Emma, trying to piece together her long-lost twin sister's murder with the only person who truly knows who she is, Ethan, by her side.

First, the suspense in this novel is crazy good. When I got to around page 240, my stomach was churning with anticipation and fear. It was epic. She writes in a way that makes me turn page after page until there are purple lines underneath my eyes that force me to get some sleep. 

Next, we have our characters. I love Emma so much. She's the type of person that every guy would want to date. She doesn't complain about her life and how she got the short end of the stick -- she only worries about her sister and bringing justice to her. I hate Garrett. He's a jerk. And then we have, Charlotte, Madeline, and the ever infamous yet hilarious Twitter Twins, Gabby and Lili. All of the characters are either twisted or incredible in their own unique way. 

Then, there is just the actual storyline and Sara Shepard's writing style. I enjoyed every page of this book, mainly because it's suspenseful. It keeps me wondering and thinking what will happen next. And Sara Shepard's writing style is just... wow. That's the only word I can think of to describe it. It's current, fresh, and awesome enough to keep me up past midnight to read more of the novel.

Finally, the novel itself. I highly recommend this entire series to you. If you enjoy suspense, modern-day stories, and a writing style & storyline that will keep your eyes stuck to the pages, this series is right for you. I can't wait for Two Truths and a Lie!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad