Thursday, April 19, 2012

Die for Me - Amy Plum

DIE FOR ME:
Published: May 10, 2011
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 341 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Revenants, #1
First Line: "The first time I had seen the statue in the fountain, I had no idea what Vincent was."

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.



*I will be re-reading DIE FOR ME and re-reviewing it soon because I want to jump back into the world of the Revenants before I read book two!*


DIE FOR ME is an electric love story that had me wondering what would happen to the characters! 
The writing style in DIE FOR ME was excellent. Amy Plum made me feel as if I was in France, roaming the streets and searching for a cafe. While the beginning was pretty slow, Amy Plum hooked me into the story with the tragic accident of Kate’s parents. And I loved Kate and Georgia (the two sisters) in DIE FOR ME. They had a special, sisterly relationship that shined throughout the book. And when Kate met Vincent, I could tell that Amy Plum was setting us up for something awesome and epic later in the story! 
And speaking of Kate, our beloved main character, she had fell for dark and mysterious Vincent soon within the book. Amy Plum made all these characters seem realistic in their dialogue and movement. And I love the background history for all of the characters! Amy Plum put creative and mysterious histories in the lives of all these character, and I applaud her for that!
The setting of France was my absolute favorite part of DIE FOR ME. Amy Plum described this country so well, and I applaud her for that. And that ending knocked me off of my feet! I need to get my hands on a copy of book two when it comes out!
Overall, DIE FOR ME was a great paranormal romance novel!

M Y   R A T I N G:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad