Monday, May 7, 2012

The Bloggers of the Deep Tour: Author Zoraida Cordova Interview!

Today on BookYAReview, I have author Zoraida Cordova and her list of top ten books to read when on a desert island!

If you didn't know, Zoraida Cordova is the author of THE VICIOUS DEEP, a fantastic mermaid and mermen novel with a bit of a twist. If you haven't got your hands on a copy yet, I highly suggest that you do so!


Top Ten Books to Read when Stranded on a Desert Island: If you are going to be stranded, may as well find something to pass the time. Just make sure you plan ahead…
#1 would have to be HOW TO SURVIVE ON A DESERT ISLAND. Because, really, if I don't survive, I won't get to read #2-10. 
#2 Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, obvi. 
#3 A collection of fairy tales from around the world.
#4 The Harry Potter series, because I'll need a little hope to keep me going. 
#5 Montana Sky by Nora Roberts. Don't you roll your eyes at me. Deserted islands get lonely.
#6 Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins because every word is beauty. 
#7 Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown. Partly because I'd like the company of merpeople. Partly because I'd like to read it before I get stranded. But also because I can't say I want to get stranded with my own mermaids ;) 
#8 Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 8 graphic novels. When facing the forces of darkness (strike that), nature, I'd ask myself, What Would Buffy Do? 
#9 The Essential Neruda. Pablo Neruda was exiled to an island where he fell in love and wrote poetry. Maybe I'd get the same inspiration. 
#10 A blank notebook, to write my own stories.

Thank you to Zoraida Cordova for her list of books! She picked some great books! (especially Beauty Queens and Lies Beneath). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad