Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brad About Books: Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

VAMPIRE KISSES
Published: August 5, 2003
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (Harper)
Format: Harper
Page Count: 197 pages
Source: Library
Series: Vampire Kisses, #1


The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people -- especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?
Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.

VAMPIRE KISSES is just purely a fun novel. Definitely could be a pool side read or a scary Halloween read! 
Ellen Schreiber’s writing style is one of those “easy-going” writing styles: enough description to keep the reader entertained throughout the novel. I would definitely give this book to reluctant readers, mainly because I feel that they could connect very easily to the main characters and really care for them. I know I sure did!
I read VAMPIRE KISSES in under twelve hours. Even though it’s only two-hundred pages long, it’s a very quick and fast-paced read that kept me relaxed and enjoying the novel one chapter, then on the edge of my seat the next chapter. VAMPIRE KISSES is full of ghoul-y surprises that kept me wondering what would happen to Raven in her boring town nicknamed “Dullsville”. 
Raven is one of those characters in YA who you rarely see anymore; she’s diverse and different, she doesn’t give a crap what anybody thinks about her, and she does what she likes to do, wear the clothes she wants to wear without thinking that people will judge her, and is strong enough to take care of herself. Props to Ellen Schreiber for weaving together a strong heroine that many people could look up to!
And I really liked how the suspense scenes in VAMPIRE KISSES were really well done and plotted out, and Ellen Schreiber put these characters into mad situations that seem impossible to get out of, but they eventually do. Loved that trait about VK.
Overall, VAMPIRE KISSES is one that all fans of paranormal romance should read. Can’t wait to continue Raven’s story! 

M Y   R A T I N G:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad