Saturday, August 25, 2012

Brad About Books: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

OBSIDIAN
Published: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 335 pages
Series: Lux, #1
Source: Amazon.com

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.



What can I say about OBSIDIAN? I can say that it is one of the best novels I have ever read. The romance isn't rushed, the storyline is original, and the entire novel itself is just brilliant. If you have not read OBSIDIAN, get on it. You're missing out on a lot.

First off, this novel is so different than other YA paranormal romance novels in the YA market. Jennifer L. Armentrout delivers an amazing alien novel. Yes, you heard me right: aliens. But they're not green, slimy and ugly; they look like us (look at the picture above; that's Daemon, the alien). I have never read a novel about aliens, but Armentrout makes me crave other novels like this one.

Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing style captivated me from the very first chapter; which is totally awesome when an author does that to me. And even though Daemon and Katy encountered loathe-at-first-sight, the events that occurred in OBSIDIAN made up for everything. Especially the ending; the sparks between Daemon and Katy just flew off the page.

I loved how Katy was a book blogger in OBSIDIAN! So cool! Even Waiting on Wednesday -- a weekly meme -- is in this novel! I thought that was really great how Armentrout incorporated that into this epic novel.

And I'm so glad that I owned ONYX (the sequel) after I finished OBSIDIAN, because the ending almost killed me inside. Seriously. I'm not even joking. The final fifty pages in OBSIDIAN were filled with action, romance, drama, and everything you could ever want in a novel. If you haven't read this novel, it is a must read for paranormal romance lovers.

Overall, OBSIDIAN is one of the most original and greatest novels I've read of 2012. Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series totally started off with a bang! 

M Y    R A T I N G:


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad