Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo '12

So guys, this is going to be my experience with NaNoWriMo 2012. This was my first year of participating, and I really and truly had so much fun with it! Here is my novel's mock cover I made as well as the synopsis to it:



SOMETHING WICKED IS ABOUT TO SURFACE . . .
Emelia "Emmy" Tide is apart of a deadly siren clan. Her group has always told her that she has the most enticing voice. But long ago, Emmy promised to herself that she would never harm a human being. Not ever again, at least.
But when the sirens lure in a ship of passengers, Emmy saves one boy -- Parker -- from the horrific creatures while he's unconscious.
Now she'll do anything to get his attention. But the only way to do that is to become human and not alert Parker of the wicked things that lurk beneath the ocean. The Wicked One, a cruel monster, will help her. But everything comes at a price. And Emmy isn't sure that it's worth it.
In this re-telling of THE LITTLE MERMAID, Brad Sells explores the dangers of what lies beneath the dark waters and how people will fight for love.




RADIANT WATERS is the first novel in the Radiance trilogy, and is a re-telling of the fairytale THE LITTLE MERMAID by Hans Christen Anderson with sirens! I had so much fun writing this novel (*I should point out that I'm am not yet done writing RW*). I really did. I loved getting to know these characters -- Emelia, Parker, Rowan, Alethea, Isobel, Xander -- all of them.

So I finished NaNoWriMo on Thursday, November 29, 2012:

Word Count for 29th of November: 50,047 (at the time that I am writing this blog post -- it's almost 4 in the morning, if we're being honest -- it is now up to 50,415 words)

WOOHOO!

I know that there are some people who aren't a fan of NaNoWriMo, but really, this gave me the determination to sit down and write a book. And I did just that. Almost... because I'm not finished just yet. Again, at the time that I am writing this, I am close to the end, but not at the end

Want to see my NaNoWriMo progression for each day in November? Click the link here

And there are so many people I have to thank who helped me along the way of writing Radiant Waters and the whole NaNo experience. I think I may make a video talking about. 

November has been crazy and hectic and I got barely any reading done, but I feel like I have a good excuse. This was so much fun! Ah!

How did you do in NaNoWriMo? Let me know in the comments down below! Happy reading!

-Brad  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    My first time too!
    Did you validate? You should quick change your computer to Hawaii time and validate! LOL J/K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover! Congrats on winning NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad