Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Brad About Books: Asunder by Jodi Meadows

ASUNDER
Published: January 29, 2013 (today!)
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (Harper)
Format: ARC
Page Count: 416 pages
Source: RAK
Series: Newsoul, #2

DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.

In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.



ASUNDER is a stunning sequel with a great plot and surprises at every turn. Jodi Meadows is a master of stories!

If you don't know this about me, INCARNATE (book one) is my favorite book of all time. ALL. TIME. So when I got ASUNDER in the mail as a RAK, I was freaking out and started reading immediately. I was sucked back into the world of Range and all of its inhabitants: speaking of which, the sylph were super eerie in this book! I don't see how Meadows managed to make them even more spookier, but she pulled it off excellently.

Ana? She became such a fierce and kick-butt character in this sequel. I will admit that she does have her flaws in book one, but oh my, she absolutely redeems herself in ASUNDER. And Sam is just so nice to Ana, it makes even more cooler in my book. Plus, anything with piano/music in books adds extra bonus points for me, and Ana and Sam do duets in the book!

But I did have one slight problem: I absolutely adore ASUNDER, but there was something about INCARNATE that gave me some kind of spark of reading-love and hope for other fantasies like it. So I guess I like INCARNATE just a little bit more than ASUNDER.

But please don't get me wrong: ASUNDER is a fantastic sequel. I will admit that I sometimes have troubles with sequels, but I had zero trouble with this one. The writing style was just as great, and the stakes are raised even higher. Speaking of which, THE PROBLEMS ARE RAISED SO MUCH HIGHER IN THIS BOOK. There are a lot of evil and cruel jerks in this book that Jodi Meadows put in there that made me cringe because of how twisted they were, and gosh, they were so evil to Ana and Sam! And because of the ending of INCARNATE, we have a new problem in ASUNDER: newsouls are coming into the world, filling everyone with fear. And let me say that the newsouls are probably my favorite addition to ASUNDER.

And once again, Meadows packs an insane ending! I was on my seat the entire time, because Jodi knows how to write an ending!

Overall, ASUNDER is just as brilliant as its predecessor. I don't know how I'll be able to stand the wait for book three!

M Y    R A T I N G:



Want to check out other opinions on ASUNDER? Here's some links to some bloggers who also reviewed ASUNDER!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Brad! I was wondering... now that the cover for the 3rd Incarnate book has been released, which book cover is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad