Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brad About Books: The Prey by Andrew Fukuda

THE PREY
Expected Publication Date: January 29, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Format: Finished Copy for Review
Page Count: 304 pages
Source: Publisher
Series: The Hunt, #2

For Gene and the remaining humans—or hepers—death is just a heartbeat away. On the run and hunted by society, they must find a way to survive in The Vast... and avoid the hungry predators tracking them in the dark. But they’re not the only things following Gene. He’s haunted by the girl he left behind and his burgeoning feelings for Sissy, the human girl at his side.

When they discover a refuge of exiled humans living high in the mountains, Gene and his friends think they’re finally safe. Led by a group of intensely secretive elders, the civilization begins to raise more questions than answers. A strict code of behaviour is the rule, harsh punishments are meted out, young men are nowhere to be found—and Gene begins to wonder if the world they’ve entered is just as evil as the one they left behind. As life at the refuge grows more perilous, he and Sissy only grow closer. In an increasingly violent world, all they have is each other... if they can only stay alive.



THE PREY is an electric and fierce sequel. With a fast-paced story and insane things happening, Andrew Fukuda created a wonderful sequel that left me hanging at the end. 

What I loved about THE PREY was the necessity to survive. With the humans on the run, I have to admit that I feared the worst for them. Andrew Fukuda kept me on the edge of my seat through the course of the entire novel, making me guess what would happen next while I was trembling with fear.

That's another thing: THE PREY has its jumpy and scary moments! I mean, a world full of vampires determined to cause havoc to everything, Fukuda was excellent at making me get frightened a time or two!  And the exiled humans were very eerie and part of the reason why THE PREY is a bit terrifying. They're just really freaky! 

I have to admit, though, Gene annoyed me quite a bit in the book. They were on the run, but Gene made me want to punch him in the face a couple of times in the book. It may sound brutal, but I couldn't believe that he turned into a little bit annoying. However, Sissy was great and made up for Gene. Sissy was one of my favorite parts of the entire book, just because of all the sassy dialogue and excellent character development. 

THE PREY is also another ending that shocked me! Read the book, and your jaw will also fall open. Andrew Fukuda's THE PREY is simply a brilliant sequel!

Overall, THE PREY lives up to the hype it deserves. Although the main character got on my nerves some, it didn't stop me from loving this book.

M Y   R A T I N G :



2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I have passed on the Liebster Blog Award to you as one of my favorite blogs that deserves to be noticed!

    Please visit this link if you'd like to participate!
    http://laurainbookland.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunt and The Prey sound really good. I haven't read a scary book in forever. I read The Passage by Justin Cronin when it came out a few years ago. This sounds like it could almost be a YA version of that book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad