Saturday, February 23, 2013

Brad About Books: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

HALO
Published: August 31, 2010
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends (Macmillan)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 484 pages
Source: Library
Series: Halo, #1


An angel is sent to Earth on a mission.

But falling in love is not part of the plan.


Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

Halo is a gripping novel filled with the value of true love that made my feelings soar and my imagination run wild.

I will admit that it took sometime for me to get invested in the book. It felt a bit draggy and slow, but after our main characters, Bethany and Xavier, meet, the action and pacing definitely picked up. I loved how Adornetto put a spin on this novel of how our main characters meet each other. And another thing I appreciated about Halo was the fact that it was the girl who was paranormal instead of the guy! You don't see too much of that in YA novels, so I really thought it was neat that it was put in this book.

Talk about forbidden love. So many people are trying to stop Bethany and Xavier from developing feelings from each other - I can see why, since Bethany is an angel, but still, I couldn't believe how many people were invested into stopping a relationship that wasn't even there yet. I did enjoy our side characters: Gabriel and Ivy were excellent siblings to Bethany. Their wisdom was exquisite, and I loved how they helped Bethany along on their journey on Earth.

Speaking of which, there are some pretty freaky villains. Dark forces are on the loose and out to get our angels, but the way that Alexandra Adornetto made them feel real and definitely creepy blew my mind. I cringed everytime they were brought up, and I know that a book is filled with excellent villains if the author can do that to me.

Overall, Halo is an electric and explosive tale for the ages. I couldn't get enough of it!

M Y   R A T I N G:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad