Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2): Favorite Romances in Books

Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

I have to admit, this topic was hard for me. I don't pay attention a whole lot to romances, but for this post, I decided to go back through my books and look back through the romances that were excellent in YA.

Here are my picks in no particular order!







1. Elder and Amy - Across the Universe by Beth Revis

The circumstances that they are facing in the novel, and yet, how they're love grew as the series progressed really stood out to me. Even if they can both have their bratty moments, Elder and Amy are awesome.





2. Cinder and Prince Kai - Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Technically, they're not a couple, but they sure did flirt quite a bit in CINDER. I honestly feel like they were made for each other (and not even counting that they are Cinderella and Prince Charming). They work so good together and compliment each other. WHY, Marissa Meyer, must you make us feel all the feels?






3. Clara and Tucker - Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Clara is one of my favorite females in YA, and Tucker seems like a really cool guy. And they balance each other so great in this book, they simply had to be on my list.






4. Sam and Astrid - Gone by Michael Grant

Sam and Astrid are great together! They each have a very heavy responsibility in the FAYZ, but the way that they still make time for each other and deeply care for each other really sparked my hope of love back into YA. 











5. Caine and Diana - Gone (more specifically Hunger) by Michael Grant

Evil and evil paired together have never been better. They are both so wicked, brutal, evil, monstrous (literally), and twisted, but gosh, they are so good as a couple.





6. Sam and Ana - Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

My favorite book of all time has to be on this list, right? I love how they both play music and play instruments together, drawing them closer together and sparking more love towards each other.




7. Alina and Mal - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Alina is another one of my absolute favorite characters! And she was best friends with Mal as kids. FINALLY, a best friend becomes a love interest. You have no idea how happy I was when that happened. But still, they both have their ways of making the other smile, and Leigh Bardugo did an amazing job at crafting their relationship together.





8. Daniel and Harper - Watersong (specifically Tidal) by Amanda Hocking

They have that weird, awkward relationship where they both sit in silence, not knowing what to talk about, but when they are together and feel something, they are unstoppable. This pairing is brilliant.






9. Ren and Kelsey - Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Kelsey really annoyed me at some parts, and Ren annoyed me at some parts, but they are great together. They honestly love each other and will go to the end of time to save each other. That's why they're both on this list.






10. Lucy and Ryder - Crash by Nicole Williams

Insta-love alert here, bookworms, but I really loved their chemistry between each other. They would tease and poke at each other. And the tension between them, how they knew that they shouldn't and couldn't be together, was outstanding. I adored this book, and the relationship was great.








Did you do a Top Ten Tuesday post today? I would love to see it; link it to me in the comments! Happy reading! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad