Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Brad About Books: Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin

Read from April 19 to 20, 2013
BECAUSE IT IS MY BLOOD
Published: September 18, 2012
Publisher: FSG (Macmillan)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 350 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Birthright, #2

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't read All These Things I've Done

What a fantastic sequel! Gabrielle Zevin has created another masterpiece with Because It Is My Blood, which I loved even more than the first book!

I'm officially addicted to this series. The world-building is so unique and original - I love getting to see the new city Zevin created! And one thing I love so much about this second book is the fact that we get to step outside of the country, which book one was set entirely inside the United States. The world and the world-building in Because It Is My Blood was so vivid and bright and I loved it! It was definitely a highlight of the book!

Anya is... oh gosh, what can I say? She's fantastic - that's all there is to it. She has rapidly become one of the strongest characters I've read about. She's determined, fierce, and wonderful in every single way. The entire cast of characters is great too. Gabrielle Zevin is also a master of making an ensemble of characters all important and play a strong role in the novel. Anya, though, is definitely the best part of the characters and the book.

And wow! The sequel slump totally missed this series, and I'm so happy. Because It Is My Blood was phenomenal. I honestly couldn't find a single flaw! The pacing, the characters, every single bit of this book is great. I highly recommend and push this series onto everybody!

Overall, Because It Is My Blood is an electric and mind-blowing sequel. I honestly can't express my love for this series enough! So excited for In the Age of Love and Chocolate, but I'm so scared as to what's going to happen!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad