Friday, April 12, 2013

Brad About Books: Die for Me by Amy Plum

Read from March 27 to 28, 2013
DIE FOR ME
Published: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 341 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Revenants, #1

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


Enthralling and absolutely compelling, Die for Me is un-put-down-able! This is makes a mark on the paranormal romance genre. I absolutely loved this book.

The characters are one of my favorite parts of this novel. Kate was such an awesome character - I felt bad for her, and then, I was rooting for her! She was simply such a likable character. Vincent was awesome as well. He was so good to Kate, and I thought that they made an epic couple. But they weren't the only great characters. I also loved Georgia, Charlotte and Jules. Amy Plum did a fantastic job with all of her characters's development! 

The backdrop of Paris for this story was beautiful. The City of Lights was marvelous for a setting - I felt like I was walking the streets, seeing the Eiffel Tower, and experiencing all of the stunning gorgeousness that Paris offers. This is another part where Plum shines. Her way of description of the city was amazing, and the adventures she sends our beloved characters on were wonderful! 

And the use of revenants in Die for Me was brilliant! I think I read somewhere where Amy Plum created this type of paranormal creature - all I can say is mind equals blown - which is another reason why I am in love with this trilogy (as I'm sure you can guess)! 

And before I wrap this up, that ending was insane! So much action and drama, I honestly didn't know what was going to happen next! I turned those pages so quickly at the end, and I absolutely adored it.

Overall, Die for Me is an excellently-crafted novel that is sure to be a hit for many, many years. Why didn't I read this sooner?! I'm obsessed!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad