Thursday, April 11, 2013

Brad About Books: Light by Michael Grant

Read from April 2 to 3, 2013
LIGHT
Published: April 2, 2013
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (Harper)
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 411 pages
Source: Amazon.com
Series: Gone, #6

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't started this series (which you MUST).

You can check out my reviews of the others books here: {Reviews of books 2 through 5 contain spoilers for previous books}

Gone • Hunger • Lies • Plague • Fear

Oh, Light. What can I say about Light? I know exactly what to say. I can say that this book is absolutely phenomenal. And brilliant. And fantastic. I can't even with how much I love this series! The Gone series is my favorite series of all time, and Light was the perfect conclusion. It was also my favorite book in the series!

We have been through so much with the kids inside the FAYZ. And I absolutely love going through their journeys with them. Michael Grant is a master at creating such difficult and tough situations - I honestly fear for these characters everytime I read these books! As soon as I started reading Light, I was instantly emerged back into this world. The Gone series also contains my favorite world-building; Grant has created a smart, fierce, shocking and terrifying world.

And the character development was fantastic in Light. Characters I didn't care for grew on me so hard, and the character growth of one character (if you read this book, you know who I'm talking about; especially towards the end) was absolutely amazing. Our antagonist in Light was INSANE. This is also my favorite villain EVER! I seriously can't get over how much in love I am with this series.

So many twists and turns I didn't see coming were found in this book. Then again, this is the Gone series. You can't ever guess anything, because it's totally crazy and mind-bending. This series is so gripping and hooking; they always keep my attention, and I can never put them down! When I wasn't reading Light, I was thinking about. It literally consumed my mind - and I absolutely adored it.

That ending? That ending was so smart. I have no idea how in the world Michael Grant pulled it off, but he pulled it off seamlessly. Oh my gosh, that ending was brilliant. And you know what I love about the ending? It's one of the most satisfying conclusion ever. 

The day I finished Light (it was the afternoon of Wednesday, April 3), I was so sad for the rest of the day, knowing that there would be no more books. No more anticipation, no more journeys to follow. But still, Light was the best book out of my favorite series; I absolutely loved it so, so much.

Overall, if you haven't picked up the Gone series, what are you doing with your bookish life? Get. On. That. These books only get better as they progress, and I can't recommend them enough. And Light was mind-blowing, mind-bending, heart-shattering, and amazing. Thank you so much for this experience, Michael Grant. It was wonderful.

M Y   R A T I N G

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I am really gratified that long-time fans liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for this series. It was absolutely fantastic, and Light was brilliant. I am so going to miss the FAYZ - but I couldn't ask for a better ending. Thank you again. :)

      -Brad

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad