Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like More/Less, and I've picked five for each! If a title is clickable, it will take you to my review!

I Thought I'd Like More






1. How to Ruin a Summer Vacation - Simone Elkeles

Perfect Chemistry and its sequels were fantastic; I absolutely loved them. But I have a different story with How to Ruin a Summer Vacation. I couldn't connect with the main character, and I didn't find the story as engaging. Maybe I'll give it another try one day.














2. Everybody Sees the Ants - A.S. King

I had heard such fantastic things about this novel, but it took me awhile to really get into the story. I liked the main character, but everything felt jumbled for me, and it was hard to keep up with the events and understand the story.












3. Fever - Lauren DeStefano

I enjoyed Wither - while a bit dark, it was very hooking and gripping - but I didn't have the same love for the sequel. I didn't connect with the characters like I had previously and the plot didn't flow right for me. I'm not sure why I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't. And I was really looking forward to this sequel!













4. Easy - Tammara Webber

I had heard amazing things about Easy, but in the end, I thought it was just okay. I'm not a fan of contemporary either, so that was a definite reason why I couldn't get in the swing of things. I'm sure contemporary and New Adult fans would love this book, but myself, I didn't.












5. The Name of the Star - Maureen Johnson

I had high expectations for The Name of the Star going into it, but none of them were met. It dragged a lot, the main character annoyed me, and really, the only thing I enjoyed about it were the interludes told in different POVs. Disappointed. 








I Thought I'd Like Less







6. The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien 

I'm not sure why I didn't have high expectations for The Hobbit - even though I love high fantasy; sometimes I don't understand my reasoning - but I loved The Hobbit. It was such an epic and fun fantasy ride!












7. Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler

Like I said before, I'm not a fan of contemporary. I was pleasantly surprised by Bittersweet! I loved the main character, the romance and chemistry, and the entire plot. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a light and fun read!















8. Vampire Kisses - Ellen Schreiber

I thought this was going to be a typical paranormal romance, but Vampire Kisses is a fun, yet haunting and spooky, read! I read it under ten hours and loved it!













9. The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney

The beginning was a bit troubling for me, but after awhile, I fell in love with The Iron Witch and everything about it. Mysterious, creepy and a fast read, The Iron Witch is one of a kind!














10. Deadly Cool - Gemma Halliday

Oh my gosh, you will never find a book as fun as Deadly Cool. This is the perfect novel for getting out of a reading slump, and Hartley Featherstone is the new Nancy Drew! Are there going to be more in the series after Social Suicide? I sure hope so. But I loved this book!








Did you do a TTT post today? Leave links to your post in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Deadly Cool is such a fun book and I agree about Name of the Star--so much wasted potential of a great premise.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I wouldn't like Deadly Cool either, but I enjoyed it and got the second one on my Kindle right after !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad