Friday, May 17, 2013

Brad About Books: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

Read from April 17 to 18, 2013
DEAD SILENCE
Published: April 16, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 389 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: The Body Finder, #4

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't started this series.

Read my reviews for previous books in this series:

Dead Silence is a fantastic finale to an epic series. I'm so sad it's over! But I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

This series is one of my all-time favorite series ever. They're so easy to dive into, and the storyline is always so captivating! And Dead Silence was no exception. I was emerged back into this world immediately. Kimberly Derting has made another stellar novel, because Dead Silence is eerie, terrifying, enticing and absolutely stunning! Right from page one, I was scared senseless - and man, these books take you on a wild ride! If you're craving fresh and original supernatural books in your life, The Body Finder series is a must read!

If you don't know, this series is told through two POVs - our main character, Violet's, as well as a hidden, unidentified person that doesn't get revealed until the end of the book. Oh my gosh, this POV was the most freakiest! It was so brutal and haunting and terrifying! This person's mind was so twisted and dark - Derting has a way of stringing words together that made me have chills! And I adored it.

And the character development was outstanding. We've come along way with Violet from the first book, and she has grown and matured so much, and it's obvious by Dead Silence. Jay, Chelsea, the entire ensemble did an amazing job as well. There was never a dull moment in this book, and this series has managed to get better with each book! I don't see how in the world this could be done, but Derting made it possible. This series was wonderful, and I'm going to deeply miss it.

Overall, Dead Silence is a remarkable conclusion to a mind-bending series. Woven with suspense and nail-biting-tension, I can't recommend this series enough!

M Y   R A T I N G

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love Kimberly Derting Books! The Pledge is the next series I am reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad