Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brad About Books: Easy by Tammara Webber

Read on March 16, 2013
EASY
Published: November 6, 2012
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 310 pages
Source: Purchased

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.



Easy let me down. I was expecting a mind-bending contemporary, since I had heard such amazing, amazing things about it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the same experience.

I'll first start off with what I did like about Easy - there are emails throughout the book between our two main characters, and I really enjoyed it! It took some time before they actually met, but they got to know each other through these straightforward emails. I had never seen a connection and relationship grow and bloom like that, and I really enjoyed it!

Now as for what I didn't like - Easy felt too rushed for me. One chapter would be in one time period, then the next would be almost two weeks later and wouldn't give hint to that until later on into the chapter. This is just my preference, I guess, but I didn't like that. And even though I did like seeing the relationship form in the emails, once Jackie and Lucas actually met, it was reeked of insta-love. I don't know what happened, but Easy took a downward spiral for me, and I was saddened by it! I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't for me. 

And another thing is that I'm not a big fan of contemporary. I've only recently started finding contemporary books that I actually adore, and I was hoping Easy would be one of those. Maybe I'm just not a fan of New Adult? I don't know. Something between me and Easy didn't click. Contemporary lovers would be head over heels in love with this book, but I can't say the exact same for me.

Overall, Easy was an enjoyable, quick read, but not something for me. If you're looking for a good romance and redemption story, Easy just might be the book for you!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad