Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Brad About Books: Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer

Read on May 15, 2013
SPIRIT
Published: May 28, 2013
Publisher: Kensington Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 301 pages
Source: Won in contest
Series: Elementals, #3

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't started this series.

Read my reviews for previous books in this series:
Storm • Spark

This. Series. Is. So. Much. FUN! It's so easy to get sucked into one of Kemmerer's novels, and Spirit was no exception. An enthralling and dynamic read!

If you don't know about the Elementals series, it's about brothers who can control the elements. What I didn't expect from Spirit was that the main character wasn't an element control. I mean, sure, Hunter (the protagonist) has some secrets and issues of his own - and to be honest, I'm really pleased with how this book was executed! It's a lot different from previous books in the series, but it packs the right amount of action and romance. I couldn't help myself but fly through this book!

And like I said before, Spirit is different from the two other books. The main character has some different, less paranormal/supernatural issues of his own - and it was a nice break! Hunter is a very vital  and important part to this series, and I was glad we got to see the world from his eyes. Kate (our possible love interest) was also fantastic - I think I like Layne the best from the love interests, but Kate was great! I felt bad for Hunter at times, but then he annoyed me, and I like it when a character can make me feel different emotions!

Brigid Kemmerer's books are just so much fun and easy to dive into. I was gripped into the story right from page one, and I don't think I ever put the book down. It's impossible to do so! If you're looking for a supernatural refresher, the Elementals series has got you covered - this series is one of a kind, and I absolutely adored this third book. I will admit that Spark is my favorite, but Spirit is right up there!

Overall, this series got instantly more awesome with Spirit. Unique, fun and enticing, Kemmerer has created another lush and fantastic novel that had me on the edge of my seat!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad