Sunday, June 9, 2013

Brad About Books: Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

Read on June 6, 2013
SOCIAL SUICIDE
Published: April 24, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 277 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: Deadly Cool, #2

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't read book one, Deadly Cool

This series is so much fun! While it wasn't as good as the first book, Social Suicide is a highly entertaining and rapidly explosive mystery novel that had me on the edge of my seat and laughing out loud. The perfect blend of humor and suspense! 

I'm a huge fan of murder mystery novels - the Deadly Cool series is definitely a fun and light mystery series! The writing is very easy-style, and they're so easy to breeze through. I was sucked in right from page one and was quickly reminded of how much I loved Deadly Cool. The actual murder didn't have me as captivated as the first book did, but I can't deny the fact that I loved Social Suicide!

Hartley Featherstone is back on the case! Hartley is the next Nancy Drew - I love her character! She's determined, quirky, and a wonderful protagonist to follow. I was rooting for her the entire way through Social Suicide - I couldn't have picked a better character to solve this mystery with! Like I said earlier, the mysteries are so much fun. I'd say that this series is more younger YA, but I recommend them all!

But I guess what was my problem with Social Suicide was the actual plot - it just wasn't as engaging as Deadly Cool was. I definitely flew through this sequel, but I felt like the actually mystery wasn't all that... suspenseful. Is there going to be a third book? I hope so. I'm intrigued to see what Hartley might solve next!

Overall, Social Suicide is an intriguing and engrossing sequel with loads of mystery and tons of suspense. Sign me up to solve mysteries with Hartley Featherstone!

M Y   R A T I N G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad