Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Brad About Books: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Read on July 5, 2013
THE IRON QUEEN
Published: January 25, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 358 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: The Iron Fey, #3

This review is entirely spoiler free, even if you haven't started this series.

Read my reviews for the first two books in this series:

The Iron Queen is a fantastic installment in one of the best YA series out there. I still can't get over how epic this book was! It was crazy, but awesome!

Best part about The Iron Queen? So. Much. Action. Like, this book. The action begins right on page one and never quits. You will never find a slow moment - so much war, so many battles, so much bloodshed. I was a bit taken aback of how awesome this third book was! The first two were excellent, but had a bit of a slow-paced beginning. That's definitely not the case with The Iron Queen - Kagawa shocks and surprises the reader left and right, and with all of this fighting going on between the Feys, it's hard to get distracted from this book! I could never tear my eyes away from the page. This series keeps getting better and better!

Meghan. Oh Meghan, Meghan, Meghan. How amazing you were! Remember how I said that I thought Meghan was naïve in the first two books (not so much in The Iron Daughter)? WELL. She takes charge of the Nevernever and of her destiny in The Iron Queen. She won't take no for an answer, and oh man, she just turned so epic and heroic in this book. I absolutely fell in love with her. You know who else was great in this book? Ash. Ash seemed distant in the second book, but he totally redeemed himself in The Iron Queen. I just can't even with this series. It's so good!

The. Epilogue. *dies* That was such a fierce and marvelous ending! I was so scared as to what was going to happen, and what did happen was so interesting and powerful. It sets up the transition to the fourth book so well. Julie Kagawa has easily become one of my favorite authors. Enthralling and captivating!

Overall, The Iron Queen was such an awesome third book. This series is absolutely fantastic and continues to be even better than its predecessor! Wonderful and marvelous like none other!

M Y    R A T I N G



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad