Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Brad About Books: Prophecy by Ellen Oh

Read on June 12, 2013
PROPHECY
Published: January 2, 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 312 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: Dragon King Chronicles, #1


The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.


Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.



One girl will save us all.


Prophecy is an action-packed, epic tale that delivers with an awesome protagonist and an unforgettable story. Everything about Oh's debut blew me away - right from page one, I was entangled with Kira's world, and I loved every second of it! One of my new favorite fantasies!

I love fantasies so much, and Prophecy did not disappoint by any means. Prophecy brings a fresh and unique take on YA fantasy that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I was so enthralled by this world, I couldn't ever put this book down. With action that flies off the page and a heroine worth rooting for, Prophecy is one killer story. Every chapter brings something new that will have the reader further invested into the plot than before, and the suspense that the novel gives will leave your jaw hanging open. Everything about Prophecy is incredible - I highly recommend it! It's incredible!

Kira... oh gosh, how I loved Kira! She's an outcast, though she saves those that hate her most. I connected to her right away - not just in sympathy (though I did connect to her in that way as well), but just in her character as a whole. She's determined, fearless, but she definitely has her flaws, and I really appreciated that compare and contrast between her character development. She has a rough journey to go on in Prophecy, and the reader experiences it with her through thick and thin. Oh did a terrific job at bringing this vivid, cruel world to life to travel with Kira through. In short, Kira was just such an awesome heroine to go on this fantastic quest with. Katniss Everdeen better watch behind her back - Kira is an epic protagonist!

The world-building of Hansong was one of a kind. It's so complex and rich, it's irresistible. World-building is a major part of any novel for me, and I adored Hansong. There's so many dark depths and astonishing levels to it - Hansong is one of the best crafted worlds I've ever read about. Not only does Prophecy have a phenomenal protagonist and marvelous world-building, it has a certain light to it filled with action, hope, and epic proportions of betrayal and romance. Amazing!

Overall, Prophecy has quickly become a favorite read of mine. From its dark villains to its brilliant quests to venture on, you won't be able to put Prophecy down!

M Y    R A T I N G


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad